- Responsible for ongoing maintenance and repair of a wide variety of equipment, both mobile and stationary
- Hands on troubleshooting, repair, adjustment, overhaul, and maintenance of trucks and heavy equipment used in waste hauling, earth moving and landfill operations, and commercial trash compaction equipment and balers
- Dealing with breakdowns in the shop, on the road, at the landfill, and at customer sites
- Adherence to company, and customer, site safety policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned
- 2nd Year Apprentice (or equivalent experience) Heavy Equipment or Truck and Transport Technician, some experience with truck and trailer an asset
- Experience in electronic and pneumatic control systems, diagnostics on control systems hardware and software problems is an asset
- Minimum valid Class 5 driver’s license with acceptable abstract required
- As a condition of employment, all new employees to safety sensitive positions must successfully pass a substance test prior to their first day of employment. A criminal record check will also be required.