The Loraas Landfill, located just outside Martensville, is seeking a permanent full-time equipment operator to join its team in either Organics, Construction, or Landfill Operations. Equipment to be operated includes compactors, loaders, excavators, dozers, rock trucks, graders, shredders and grinders, and more.
- Operate heavy equipment in a safe and efficient way according to all relevant legislation, policies and procedures.
- Adhere to all safety procedures and policies according to company Safety Manual and OH&S Regulations.
- Perform daily safety and maintenance checks and report any issues or items of concern found.
- Clean heavy equipment as scheduled or required.
- Directing traffic in and around the material delivery areas.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- 1-2 years of experience operating equipment
- Certificate(s) in Heavy Equipment Operation an asset
- General mechanical aptitude/experience in basic daily maintenance of heavy equipment required
- Safety conscious, able to work safely in sometimes challenging conditions
- Farm background considered an asset
- Good communication skills
- Enthusiastic, hardworking, friendly attitude- Mature outlook on life
- Able to adapt to new situations
- As a condition of employment, all new employees to safety sensitive positions must successfully pass a substance test within a two week period of their hiring date. A criminal record check will also be required.