Duties & Responsibilities:
- Sandblast and paint refuse containers and other miscellaneous parts and equipment
- Sandblast and paint waste hauling equipment – including masking and taping to protect surfaces such as finished paint, glass, hydraulic components, etc.
- Stencil and decal of containers according to prescribed formulas for various styles of containers
- Communicate with operations department about upcoming needs and prioritization of tasks
- Inspect and maintain equipment, including completion of applicable documents and reporting of potential issues or safety concerns.
- Various other duties as required, including buildings and facilities work, and other duties as assigned
- Work will be completed outdoors where weather and projects allow
- Experience in a similar role is valuable, but Loraas is willing to train the selected candidate
- Must be in good physical condition
- Knowledge and experience with both air-assisted, airless, and HVLP spray systems an asset
- Knowledge of paints, thinners, and epoxy coatings an asset
- Mechanical aptitude an asset
- Candidates must have a strong focus on safety procedures and preventative measures
- As a condition of employment, all new employees to safety sensitive positions must successfully pass a substance test within a two week period of their hiring date. A criminal record check will also be required.