- Primary duties: repair and maintenance of containers for handling waste & recyclables.
- Secondary duties: fabrication and repair of equipment for handling waste & recyclables.
- Welding experience required – Stick, Short Circuit MIG, fab and repair work
- Journeyperson or second year apprentice training required (or equivalent experience)
- Experience with equipment operation – loaders, forklifts, crane booms, etc. is an asset but training can be provided if needed
- Familiar with plasma cutters, oxy acetylene cutting, presses, grinders, chop saws, and other equipment
- Self-motivated, goal and team oriented
- Ability to work safely, and promote safe work practices
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Familiar with hydraulic systems is an asset
- Class 5 driver’s license and a clean driving record/abstract is required
- This position is safety sensitive and as a condition of employment, all new employees to safety sensitive positions must successfully pass a substance test prior to hiring. A criminal record check will also be required.