Welcome to the Loraas Education Center!
Our interactive Education Center is the perfect destination for most adult or student groups curious about the Loraas Recycle sorting facility and to learn about Saskatchewan’s waste diversion programs!
Use the booking calendar below to reserve a tour or session today!
Adult & Community Groups
We offer 1-hour in-facility tours on Monday and Friday for most individuals ages 12 and up; accommodating single individuals up to a maximum of 14 participants.
For larger business or community groups, learn while you lunch! Book a 30-minute “Lunch and Learn” session and we will come to you and educate about recycling, organics, and waste diversion tips.
Click here for more info: FAQs for Adult Group Tours and Lunch & Learn Sessions
Loraas Recycle offers free education sessions at our interactive classroom to students Grade 4 and up; accommodating up to a maximum of 30 students. Prearranged free busing is available for Saskatoon Schools.Sessions are 2.5 hours in the morning and are available Tuesday to Thursday from 9:00am to 11:30am. Mini-tours may be available for Grades 6 and up to see our plant in action.
Click here for more info: FAQ for School Groups
We accept online reservations every 3-months. Sessions can be reserved on the following dates (Limited spots available):
- September to December 2019: September 4, 2019
- CURRENTLY BOOKING: January to March 2020: December 4, 2019
- April to Mid-June: March 4, 2019
Follow @LoraasYXE and set your notifications for booking notifications, cancellations, and free contests.
TO BEGIN BOOKING A TOUR
There is a limit of one booking service per day, per person only.
*Important* SAFETY TERMS & CONDITIONS:
For the health and safety of all individuals wishing to partake in sessions at the Loraas Recycle – Education Center and MRF Tours:
If your group has individuals with cognitive, behavioural, visual, sensory, or mobility disabilities, on-site tours are not recommended. Call for alternatives.
Individuals must be 9 (Grade 4) or older for sessions at our facility. Individuals must be 12 (Grade 6) or older for in-facility mini-plant tours.
We do not have wheelchair/mobility accessibility at our facility.
All individuals visiting our facility are required to sign our waiver form (disbursed after booking). Parental consent is required for anyone under the age of 18.
- Shared equipment is used for in-facility tours. If an individual has a transmittable condition (ie: chicken pox, lice, etc.) please notify our staff in advance.
- Select SERVICE: School Group, Adult Group, or Lunch & Learn Session
- Select WORKER: School Group, Adult Group, or Lunch & Learn Coordinator
- Choose AVAILABLE DATE: White calendar dates only (grey or red are unavailable). Available times will be provided. *School Groups only available in AM sessions. Requests for PM sessions (12:15-2:30pm) are only available for Grade 5 and under (use comment box).
- Fill out all the required fields (*)
Your booking is PENDING until a Loraas Representative approves your request and you receive a confirmation e-mail.
*To view available dates, begin the booking process. First select the service and then worker.*
Online Booking Calendar
*Any bookings reservations that do not meet our ‘Loraas Safety Terms & Conditions’ will be declined.*
For cancellations, please call (306) 242-2300 a minimum of 24 hours before your session.
Issues with your reservation? E-mail: email@example.com or call (306) 242-2300
In-Facility Tour Waiver Forms
Click one of the following for a downloadable in-facility tour and in-classroom education session waiver form (Updated January 2020):