Our interactive Education Center is the perfect destination for most community or school groups, environmental clubs, and those who are curious about our recycling and waste diversion programs! Our Education Center is free and with interactive learning opportunities. Our education center is available to individuals ages 9 and up. In-facility tours of our Materials Recovery Facility may be available for ages 12 and up too.
To book a tour, e-mail email@example.com. **Before booking a tour, please read through our new safety terms and conditions below to ensure our desination is safe for each member of your group. Thanks!*
School Groups: Loraas offers an interactive 2.5 hour educational program for Grade 4 and up learning Earth Sciences. We are curriculum approved by the City of Saskatoon School Divisions. Our center is able to accommodate groups up to 30 students and is operational from September to May. FREE bus services for schools located in the City of Saskatoon Public and Catholic School Divisions.
Bookings for the 2019-2020 will commense September 4th, 2019. New rules and booking information will be available August 26th on our website and social media @Loraasyxe. Our online booking tool will be available September 4th at 9:00AM.
Adult Groups: Want to see our facility in action? We offer in-facility tours for most individuals ages 12 and up. Tour sessions are available weekdays and are 1 hour in length; accommodating up to a maximum of 14 participants.
Have a larger group, like a business or community group? No problem! Loraas offers 30-minute “Lunch & Learn” sessions at your facility! Please call or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to find available dates and times.
**Loraas Safety Terms & Conditions**
- Our industrial facility is operational during tour times. Individuals must be 9 or older for Education Sessions. Individuals must be 12 or older for in-facility MRF tours.
- For safety reasons and due to the nature of our facility, if your class or group has individuals with cognitive, behavioural, visual, sensory, or mobility disabilities, on-site tours may not be suitable. Please contact us for additional information.
- All individuals that wish to complete in-facility tours and/or education sessions at our facility are required to sign our waiver form. Please click here for downloadable forms: Adults, Group Chaperones, and Students or Individuals under 18.
- We do not have wheelchair/mobility accessibility at our facility. Our Education Center is on the second floor.
- School Group Requirements: Grades 4 and up only. Maximum of 30 students and a minimum of 2 adult chaperones. For safety reasons, additional chaperones are required to accommodate individuals with disabilities or mobility restrictions. Grade 6 and up only for in-facility tours.
- Adult Groups: Maximum of 14 participants during one session.